5 Popular Artistes Who Have lost Their Audience
Audience is king! That is the reality. Although some so content developers will say content is but we know awesome content with no audience is basically useless and a magnanimous waste of time.
Your audience’s attention will fade over time unless you take specific steps to keep them engaged. Some people are better at doing this more than others.
I wanted to write about some popular Nigerian artistes who have lost their mojo, while making my research, i discovered some have not actually lost their mojo, they just lost listening hears. People are not just bothered about how they do no matter how beautiful there content might be. Just ask Brymo if i lie.
Today, on top of my list will be:
1. Brymo: Not too long ago, Byrmo bragged that his songs were the best produced songs in the country. While this might be too much to claim, he is without doubt among the best in terms of music production. Content wise – Only few can match Brymo quality, but audience – NO! Brymo lost it and might never gain that again. After the Chocolate city saga there was clearly only one winner and it isn’t Brymo. It is hard to see such a talented fellow struggle for attention.
2. Korede Bello: Hold on for a second, keep your Melanin down. The truth is for not so obvious reasons, Korede, the then next African Michael Jackson (as portrayed in Dorobucci’s Video and even more recently in his Melanin Poppin video) is somewhat of a typical Ray J right now – Just there. After a big bang with Godwin, people like me expected him to rule the Industry alongside Reekado Banks. While Reekado Banks is doing his lot, same cannot be said of Korede Bello. Melanin Popping was quite successful (even beyond his own imagination i trust), one song cannot change the fact that he is fading and the fans do not really care.
3. Ice Prince: Probably every list of artiste decline in Nigeria and probably the entire world with feature him. Ice Prince should be used as a social experiment – studied carefully and used to describe why people can fail easily at what they do best. No one will think The BET African Artiste of the year 2013 will be so inconsequential in 2018 that one one even bothers to ask where he is. Ice prince not only lost his Mojo he also lost his audience.
4. Ruggedman: One time best Rapper in Nigeria (a not so glamorous award that goes to you after release a hit rap single – ask Iceberg Slim), and definitely one of my favorite Nigerian Rapper. He is lyrically sound and made gave us the ultimate rap dance track – Baraje (before Da Grin (RIP) made making rap dance track something like a child’s Play. ). While focusing on his cloth business, Ruggedybaba forgot what made him the name in the first place.At the moment, asides tweeting about Manchester united on twitter, Ruggedman has almost no listening here about his music career, from the fans perspective. We are just awaiting his date of official retirement.
5. Mr P and Rudeboy: Once we had PSqaure till they found there square roots, now we are left with two popular upcoming artistes. One thing they failed to realize is a few people likes P Square just for the songs and a few others just for the Dance, most of us love them for the combination of both. So splitting up basically made them lose most of their fans – audience. They have dropped individual singles that would have been mega hits had it been they were still together but the audience don’t just give a damn individually.
Here are just 5 of the artistes we though have lost their audience, it doesnt mean they do not produce quality music, it just means the audience do not care . Let us know what you think in the comment session.